BottleDrop account terms and conditions are changing, effective October 1, 2019. Learn More.
Account terms and conditions are standards set by BottleDrop, agreed to by account holders upon signup, that regulate safe and appropriate account usage.
The Green Bag Program allows you to conveniently drop off your empty bottles and cans to be counted by BottleDrop staff. Once counted, the refund value of the containers is credited to your BottleDrop account. The following terms and conditions apply to all accounts. BottleDrop is committed to using best efforts to accurately count containers. If you believe the number of containers in your Green Bag was incorrectly counted, please contact customer service.
BottleDrop is not responsible for miscounts or delayed counts when customers violate the following terms and conditions. Repeated violations of these terms and conditions could result in closure of your account with or without notice.
- Only BottleDrop Green Bags are accepted for counting by BottleDrop. If other types of bags are dropped off, BottleDrop may refuse to credit the account for those bags.
- A roll of 10 BottleDrop Green Bags costs $2.00.
- A $0.35 processing fee is charged for each bag that is processed by BottleDrop.
- Up to two Green Bags may be dropped per account per day. If you have more than two Green Bags you would like to drop off, please contact customer service to schedule a large bag drop appointment.
- There is a limit of one active bottle drop account per person and two accounts per mailing address.
- Containers in a Green Bag must have been purchased in Oregon. It is unlawful to return containers purchased outside Oregon.
- Green Bags may only contain empty, whole, uncrushed containers.
- Green Bags may not contain garbage/trash. Any bio-hazards such as dirty diapers, syringes, spit/chew, or other biological substances will be cause for immediate termination of the account.
- Green bags may include a mix of plastic, metal, and glass containers in the same bag.
- Green Bags may include BottleDrop Refillable glass bottles.
- There is a 20-pound weight limit for each Green Bag. Twenty pounds is about 30 standard 12 oz. glass bottles.
- Green Bags must be cinched all the way closed and tied securely.
- Affix one Bag Tag on each Green Bag prior to dropping it off. Bags dropped without a Bag Tag will not be credited to your BottleDrop Account.
- There is a maximum withdraw limit of $99.95 per account per day. However, there is no limit to a BottleDrop Account balance and funds do not expire.
- Please allow up to five days for bags to process and credit into your account. In the event we are unable to process a bag and credit your account in a timely manner, we will provide a bag credit based on recent activity in your account.
- BottleDrop management reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change fees associated with BottleDrop Accounts or other BottleDrop services at any time. Best efforts will be made to notify all customers and account holders of any changes.
- The BottleDrop BottleDrop Customer Code of Conduct is applicable to BottleDrop Account holders as well as BottleDrop patrons who do not have an account.
Purchases, Refunds, and Cancellations
BottleDrop will make a good faith effort to provide any products or services purchased on this website. BottleDrop only provides products at retail locations within the state of Oregon, and does not deliver services or products outside of the state of Oregon. Please refer to an updated list of our retail locations.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL except for defective bags, as outlined below. However, you may request a refund for unredeemed products or services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the specific account and purchase you wish to refund. Refunds other than for defects are at the sole discretion of the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative. Any refunds will be issued as BottleDrop account credits.
BottleDrop, in its sole discretion, will replace the defective bag or refund the purchase price for manufacturer’s defects within the first ninety (90) days from date of purchase. You may request a refund by emailing email@example.com, stating the specific account and purchase you wish to refund. Our warranty policy is valid for the original purchaser only.
Your acceptance of these terms
By signing up for a BottleDrop Account, you signify your acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use a BottleDrop Account. Your continued use of the BottleDrop Account following the posting of changes to these terms will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.