The BottleDrop account is an optional service intended to provide extra conveniences for individuals, families, and household consumers. The following terms and conditions apply to all BottleDrop accounts and are agreed to by customers upon account sign up. BottleDrop is not responsible for miscounts or delayed counts when customers violate the terms and conditions. Violations of these terms and conditions could result in closure of your account with or without notice.
- A valid SMS capable phone number is required to create a BottleDrop account online or at a BottleDrop Kiosk. Customers without an SMS capable phone may contact BottleDrop Customer Service and provide a valid email address and valid identification with a mailing address to qualify for a BottleDrop account.
- A maximum of two (2) BottleDrop accounts are allowed per household.
- All BottleDrop Bags which are dropped off at BottleDrop Redemption Centers and BottleDrop Express locations are subject to a limit of 15 bags per account per quarter year (Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec).
- BottleDrop Bags dropped at partner retailers (defined as Dealer Redemption Centers per ORS 459A.700) will not count toward an account’s limit.
- Only BottleDrop Bags are accepted for counting by BottleDrop. BottleDrop may refuse to count containers dropped in any bag other than a BottleDrop Bag.
- A box of 10 BottleDrop Bags costs $2.00 and can be purchased at a BottleDrop Redemption Center or a participating retailer. The cost of bags may be deducted from your account.
- BottleDrop accounts will be charged a $0.40 processing fee for each BottleDrop Bag that is dropped off at a BottleDrop location. For BottleDrop Bags dropped at partner retailer locations (defined as Dealer Redemption Centers per ORS459A.700), the processing fee will be paid by the store.
- Containers in a BottleDrop Bag must have an Oregon refund value as defined by ORS 459A.705. Knowingly returning containers that do not have an Oregon refund value may result in a $250 fine pursuant to ORS 459.992.
- BottleDrop Bags may include a mix of plastic, metal, and glass containers in the same bag.
- BottleDrop Bags may include BottleDrop Refillable glass bottles.
- BottleDrop Bags containing any biohazards such as dirty diapers, syringes, spit/chew, or other biological substances will result in immediate account termination.
- BottleDrop is committed to using best commercial efforts to accurately (within a margin of error of +/- 2 containers per bag) count containers. Customers may contact BottleDrop customer service with questions about bag counts.
- BottleDrop is not responsible for inaccurate bags counts if bags are improperly filled or handled. This includes, but is not limited to, bags that:
- Contain trash or non-redeemable containers;
- Are over 20 lbs. (about 30 standard 12 oz. glass bottles);
- Contain crushed or broken containers, or containers that are not empty;
- Contain unrinsed or sticky containers that do not freely fall out of an open bag;
- Are ripped or cut, untied, or not fully closed.
- Affix one bag tag on each BottleDrop Bag prior to dropping it off. Bags dropped without a bag tag will not be credited to a BottleDrop account.
- There is a maximum withdrawal limit of $99.90 per account per day. There is no limit to a BottleDrop account balance and funds do not expire.
- BottleDrop Bags will be processed and credited to your account within seven (7) days. If your account has not been credited after 7 days, please contact customer service. Customer service may issue a bag credit based on recent activity in your account.
- The BottleDrop Customer Code of Conduct, which can be found at this link, is applicable to BottleDrop account holders.
BottleDrop management reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change these terms or the fees associated with BottleDrop accounts or other BottleDrop services at any time. Best efforts will be made to notify all customers and account holders of any changes to fees or account terms and conditions. Customers are responsible for keeping their account information, such as phone number and email, up to date.
Purchases, Refunds, and Cancellations
BottleDrop will make a good faith effort to provide any products or services offered via our website and kiosks. BottleDrop only provides products at retail locations within the state of Oregon and does not deliver services or products outside of the state of Oregon. Please refer to an updated list of our retail locations.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL except for defective bags as outlined below. However, you may request a refund for unredeemed products or services by emailing email@example.com and stating the specific account and purchase you wish to refund. Refunds other than for defects are at the sole discretion of the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative. All refunds will be issued as a BottleDrop account credit.
BottleDrop, in its sole discretion, will replace the defective bag or refund the purchase price for manufacturer’s defects within the first 90 days from date of purchase. You may request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the specific account and purchase you wish to refund. Our warranty policy is valid for the original purchaser only.
Customer agrees that since the Internet is not a fully secure medium for the communication of information, and since privacy and confidentiality cannot be guaranteed, use of BottleDrop and OBRC’s services may cause the Customer’s information to be accessed by, or disclosed to, other persons. Therefore, the Customer agrees OBRC shall not be responsible or liable for damage that the Customer, or any other person, may suffer in connection with the communication of private, confidential, or sensitive information using OBRC’s services.
Additionally, customer agrees not to engage in the following:
Giving false information to obtain access to company’s system and/or purchase and/or utilize any service (including but not limited to redemption or attempted redemption of containers not subject to the Oregon Bottle Bill). Engaging in any illegal, criminal, or malicious activities. Any other activity or activities that OBRC, in its sole discretion determines is unethical or damaging to our other customers, users of the internet, OBRC’s network, or to our corporate reputation.
Defined as those many and varied activities that would commonly be termed abusive by computer professionals. These would include, but are not limited to: modification of, or tampering with, files not owned by the user. Attempts to examine files that contain sensitive information not normally to be viewed by system users. Attempts to reduce the systems resources not normally available to users. Attempts to reduce the systems security, or to hamper the normal functioning of the system. (Note: the modification of sensitive files is considered acceptable when occurring under the normal function of common user programs designed to modify or examine those files, such as password program.) Attempts to violate the law. Attempts to misuse proprietary information, intellectual property, or property of others for their own purposes. If there is reasonable grounds to believe that a container was not purchased in Oregon, BottleDrop may request proof of purchase or refuse to accept the container.
THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) ESTABLISHES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL END USERS (EACH AND COLLECTIVELY, “YOU”, “YOUR”, OR “USER”) OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE (EACH AS DEFINED BELOW). BY USING THIS SITE AND/OR SERVICE, YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, AS WELL AS ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THIS SITE AND/OR SERVICE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT CAN BE CHANGED, MODIFIED, SUPPLEMENTED, AND/OR UPDATED BY BOTTLEDROP CENTERS (“BOTTLEDROP CENTERS”, “OREGON BEVERAGE RECYCLING COOPERATIVE”, “WE”, “OUR”, OR “US”) AT ANY TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE AFTER THE MODIFICATION OF THIS AGREEMENT MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL SUCH CHANGES. ACCORDINGLY, YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT THIS AGREEMENT EACH TIME YOU ACCESS THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE IN ORDER TO VIEW ANY CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT WAS LAST MODIFIED AS OF THE DATE INDICATED ABOVE.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By signing up for a BottleDrop account, you signify your acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use a BottleDrop account. Your continued use of the BottleDrop account following the posting of changes to these terms will be deemed to be your acceptance of those changes. BottleDrop reserves the right to change and update these Terms and will make best efforts to inform customers of those changes.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, the practices of BottleDrop, or your dealings with this BottleDrop, please contact us at:
Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative