The BottleDrop account and Green Bag program are optional services intended to provide extra conveniences for individuals, families, and household consumers. The following Terms and Conditions apply to all BottleDrop accounts, and are agreed to by customers when upon account sign up. BottleDrop is not responsible for miscounts or delayed counts when customers violate the Terms and Conditions. Repeated violations of these Terms and Conditions could result in closure of your account with or without notice.
- A valid SMS capable phone number is required to create a BottleDrop account online or at a BottleDrop Kiosk. Customers without an SMS capable phone may contact BottleDrop Customer Service and provide a valid email address and valid identification with a mailing address to qualify for a BottleDrop account.
- A maximum of two BottleDrop accounts are allowed per household.
- Account holders may drop a maximum of 15 bags in any 90-day period.
- Only BottleDrop Green Bags are accepted for counting by BottleDrop. BottleDrop may refuse to count containers dropped in any bag other than a BottleDrop Green Bag.
- A box of 10 BottleDrop Green Bags costs $2.00 and can be purchased at a BottleDrop or a participating retailer. The cost of bags may be deducted from your account.
- A $0.40 processing fee is charged for each bag that is processed by BottleDrop.
- Containers in a Green Bag must have been purchased in Oregon. Knowingly returning containers purchased outside of Oregon may be punishable with a $250 fine under Oregon law.
- Green Bags may include a mix of plastic, metal, and glass containers in the same bag.
- Green Bags may include BottleDrop Refillable glass bottles.
- Green Bags containing any biohazards such as dirty diapers, syringes, spit/chew, or other biological substances are cause for immediate account termination.
- BottleDrop is committed to using best efforts to accurately count containers (within a margin of error of +/- 2 containers per bag). If you believe the number of containers in your Green Bag was incorrectly counted, please contact customer service.
- BottleDrop is not responsible for inaccurate bags counts if bags are improperly filled or handled. This includes, but is not limited to, bags that:
- Contain trash or non-redeemable containers;
- Are over 20 lb. (about 30 standard 12 oz. glass bottles);
- Contain crushed or broken containers;
- Contain unrinsed or sticky containers that do not freely fall out of an open bag;
- Are ripped or cut, untied, not fully closed, or otherwise improperly handled.
- Affix one Bag Tag on each Green Bag prior to dropping it off. Bags dropped without a Bag Tag will not be credited to your BottleDrop account.
- There is a maximum withdraw limit of $99.90 per account per day. There is no limit to a BottleDrop account balance, and funds do not expire.
- Green Bags will be processed and credited to your account within 7 days. In the event BottleDrop is unable to process a bag and credit your account within 7 days, we will provide a bag credit based on recent activity in your account.
BottleDrop management reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change these Terms or the fees associated with BottleDrop accounts or other BottleDrop services at any time. Best efforts will be made to notify all customers and account holders of any changes to fees or account Terms and Conditions.
The BottleDrop Customer Code of Conduct is applicable to BottleDrop account holders as well as BottleDrop patrons who do not have an account.
Purchases, Refunds, and Cancellations
BottleDrop will make a good faith effort to provide any products or services offered via our website and kiosks. BottleDrop only provides products at retail locations within the state of Oregon and does not deliver services or products outside of the state of Oregon. Please refer to an updated list of our retail locations.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL except for defective bags as outlined below. However, you may request a refund for unredeemed products or services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and stating the specific account and purchase you wish to refund. Refunds other than for defects are at the sole discretion of the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative. All refunds will be issued as a BottleDrop account credit.
BottleDrop, in its sole discretion, will replace the defective bag or refund the purchase price for manufacturer’s defects within the first ninety (90) days from date of purchase. You may request a refund by emailing email@example.com, stating the specific account and purchase you wish to refund. Our warranty policy is valid for the original purchaser only.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By signing up for a BottleDrop account, you signify your acceptance of these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use a BottleDrop account. Your continued use of the BottleDrop account following the posting of changes to these Terms will be deemed to be your acceptance of those changes. BottleDrop reserves the right to change and update these Terms and will make best efforts to inform customers of those changes.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, the practices of BottleDrop, or your dealings with this BottleDrop, please contact us at:
The Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative